Says the host:
[O]ne of our uplink providers is experiencing an outage that’s affecting these networks. We have redundant routes setup to prevent this type of effect when a provider issue such as this one occurs, however the routing tables in question did not self correct.
Update: Restored to normal after about an hour and a half. I went out and mowed the lawn to kill time.
According to the WordPress.com banner that shows up on the admin panel, I can get this place in a dot.me domain for a mere $24 a year. Now I’d known that they were using wp.me as a URL shortener for a while now, but I really didn’t know much about this TLD, so I duly looked it up, and while it supposedly stands for Montenegro, the government thereof has authorized its Official Registrar to seek out customers worldwide.
And you know, this is sort of cool, but I must note that I have two .com domains to renew this month, which will cost me just under $20, so maybe not now, guys.
But I’m having a problem getting to the Main Site, and as of yet no explanation has surfaced.
Update: Downtime wasn’t very long, but a couple of weird artifacts remain, which I have turned over to someone with more experience in security.